Skip to main content
Question

Some issues creating a template

• 11 July 2024
  • 2 replies

Hi All,
I am brand new to Docusign.  The main reason I joined was to be able to create a shareable credit card authorization form for our restaurant.  This will be used for booking private events.  For some reason I am having issues with two fillable boxes.  One is for a telephone number and the other is for the expiration date of the card in month/year format.  Can anyone help me get these two text boxes formatted for this?

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

@Cucciolo's-Josh

You can configure a text validation and use a Regex pattern to apply the format you want. You can also apply a character limit to restrict the user input.

Expiration date: 
Regex: ^\d{2}\/\d{4}$
Character Limit: 7

I have also seen customers that implemented an expiration date with two drop downs, one for the month and one for the year to ensure users are only able to select the right values, like a month from 01 to 12 and a year that starts with the current year and up to ten years in the future.

Phone number
In regard to the phone number, there are many different formats available. You can check this library for regular expression to choose your desired format, for example the following:
^\D?(\d{3})\D?\D?(\d{3})\D?(\d{4})$

Be sure to provide an error message that clearly defines the user input format to they can correct it when they are providing a format that is not desired, which will block submission.

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Hi @Cucciolo's-Josh,

I hope you are doing well.

I would like to confirm if you were able to solve your issue by utilizing the solution that was suggested? 

If so, please mark it as the best answer by clicking “Select as Best” to make it easier for other users to find.

Otherwise, feel free to let me know and I will gladly help you address the situation as soon as possible.

Best regards,   

Alejandro R. | Docusign Community Moderator   

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!