Skip to main content
Question

Hiding recipient email to avoid goof-ups.

• 26 July 2024
  • 3 replies

I have a question about the initial DocuSign screen shown before the form opens. This screen has the heading ‘PowerForm Signer Information’ and requires the new user to input their name and email. Below this, my organization has already placed our preferred department name and department email for receiving these forms from customers.

Most customers fill in their own name and email on top, ignore the departmental name and email (recipient) and click ‘Begin Signing’ to safely navigate to the form. Others, bless their hearts, replace the already filled in recipient name and email with something else -- often their own email again -- and then wonder why we never received their form.

Is their a way for us to either A) Hide the recipient email so they can’t see it or 😎 ‘grey out’ the recipient email field so they can see it but can’t change it?

Yes, yes, I know, they ‘should’ be able to tell that an already filled-in departmental email for the department they’re doing this form for ‘should’ be left alone. But we try not to ‘should’ here -- we try to resolve.

Much thanks!!

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

@MRamsey 

Yes, you can hide that recipient name and email address from the PowerForm welcome page.  Go to the Advance settings for the recipient and Check the two boxes for recipient modification.  (i.e. Don’t allow senders to edit recipient and Don’t allow sender to delete recipient.)

Badge +1

Oh, huzzah! Thank you; it worked! We’re delighted and are now changing our little instructions to exclude the warning to leave that part alone. (No one reads instructions anyway. :-D )

Have a great weekend!

-MR

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Hi @MRamsey,

I hope you are doing well.

I would like to confirm if you were able to solve your issue by utilizing the solution that was suggested?  If so, please mark it as the best answer by clicking “Select as Best” to make it easier for other users to find. Otherwise, feel free to let me know and I will gladly help you address the situation as soon as possible.

Best regards,   

Alejandro R. | Docusign Community Moderator   

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!