Dropping a doc

I’ve done this several times - dropping in a doc for signature from 2 people

This time i’m getting an error message.

Any idea why?

2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

Hi @Pat Johnson !

Just from this image it is not possible to affirm what could be happening with your .PDF. The upload error can happen for a variety of reasons, from corrupted documents, documents with passwords or even .PDF iText incompatibility.

A very simple suggestion is to try opening the document in your PDF viewer and then printing it in PDF format - this way you will generate a new file and your problem will most likely be solved. I'm almost sure this will solve your problem!

If you want to know in more detail what problems your document has, one of the possibilities is to enable your user logs (My Preference > API Request Log > Enable) and replicate the problem, or open a ticket with the Docusign Customer Support team.

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Hi @Pat Johnson,

I hope you are doing well.

I would like to confirm if you were able to solve your issue by utilizing the solution that was suggested? 

If so, please mark it as the best answer by clicking “Select as Best” to make it easier for other users to find.

Otherwise, feel free to let me know and I will gladly help you address the situation as soon as possible.

Best regards,   

Alejandro R. | Docusign Community Moderator   

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!