Skip to main content

I have set up write back to Salesforce and it’s adding a Yes/No option to my drop down because historically that choice was available, but we don’t want users to select that moving forward. How can I hide those options to DocuSign envelope recipients?

Hello @Jorie,

Thank you for reaching out here in the DocuSign Community.

I’m sorry to hear that unwanted information is writing back, I understand you are looking to hide this option for recipients.

To better assists you, can you provide more information?

What package and version of DocuSign in Salesforce are you using? You can find this by going to Home (in lightning) > Quick Finds > Installed Packages.

Are you using DocuSign eSignature or DocuSign Gen? If you are using DocuSign eSignature, are you using a template?

Let us know if you need further assistance with this.

Best regards,

Nathaly | DocuSign Community Moderator
"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!

Hi @nathaly.monge

We are using DocuSign eSignature for Salesforce. Version 7.12.3. We are using a template we’ve created that is meant to write back to the object in Salesforce. It does successfully write back - but it’s showing options that are no longer available and what we don’t want users to use. 

Originally the Salesforce fields were Yes/No. We deactivated those options and have changed it to other options such as Required/Not Required. But in the DocuSign write back field it displays all 4 options to the recipient. We only want it to display the 2 currently available options. 

Thanks!

Jorie Saldanha 

Hello @JSaldanha12 ,

Thank you for reaching back.

Do you mind providing a screenshot of how it is set up and the result you are getting?

Best regards,

Hi @nathaly.monge 

I’ve attached the screen shots of the DocuSign template, the object manager view of the field in salesforce, how it appears in the page layout in salesforce, and how it is appearing to the recipient of the envelope. 

Thanks!

@Jorie Saldanha 

Hello @JSaldanha12 ,

Thank you for reaching back.

What happens if you deactivate or delete the field from the Object Manager?

Best regards,