Skip to main content

In Salesforce, I have some DocuSign for people to sign sitting in Sent status. It will not switch to delivered status. I have even tried clicking Resend DocuSign Email and it won’t change. Advice?

Hello Chris Fay,

The status “sent” is correct and it will not change into “delivered” in Salesforce. It will remain in status “sent” until it was signed by everyone, then it will change to “completed”. The status “delivered” is only shown in reports and history, but not exposed through any integration.

You can find details on the envelope status in the following DocuSign Support Article: https://support.docusign.com/s/document-item?language=en_US&rsc_301&bundleId=oeq1643226594604&topicId=wdm1578456348227.html&_LANG=enus

@Michael.Rave 

So, my confusion comes into seeing different statuses of Delivered also. So, how does that differ from the Sent status?

And, does Resend DocuSign Email “actually” resend it to them?

@Chris Fay According to the DocuSign Support Article “delivered” means that all recipients have viewed the documents. This means they clicked on the link to access the documents, but did not sign them. When you log into the DocuSign Web App and select the envelope. Under history you can see all the details related to the envelope, when it was opened by a recipient, etc.

Yes, “Resend” means that all recipients that currently have an open task on the envelope will get another email reminder to sign the document.

Hello @Chris Fay ,

If you found my response to be a useful solution to your question, could you please click the "Accept as Solution" button at the bottom of the post? It helps other community members who might have similar questions.

Best regards,

Nathaly | DocuSign Community Moderator
"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!