Skip to main content

I am getting the following error when sending envelopes via Captivate IQ with the DocuSign integration:
“ DocusignIntegrationError

The user name for the recipient is invalid. The user name is invalid for recipient Id 00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000 “

Has anyone encounter this issue in the past? I’ve verified my data and everything looks okay. 

Hello @hanna.milwer ,

Welcome to the Docusign Community and thank you for posting your concerns!

Can you provide the exact error you are getting?

Was this integration connected via a custom API? 

Let us know if you need further assistance with this.

Best regards,

Nathaly | Docusign Community Moderator
"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!

Hello @hanna.milwer ,

Are you able to provide the information that I previously requested? If so, please do so in a reply to this question so that I am able to further assist you with your issue.

Best regards,

@nathaly.monge  - I’m also running into this issue!

I aam trying to send an envelope to Docusign to send out comp plans. I’ve entered all the plan variables in the Document Data, and mapped them out in the “Shared Document” > Send Envelope page.

please help

Hello @tara_m ,

Are you also using Captivate IQ? If so, the integration is not supported by Docusign, have you contacted their support team?

Best regards,

@nathaly.monge - Hi, the CaptivateIQ team replied to me with this -  “Our internal team confirmed this error is being produced on DocuSign, not CIQ. DocuSign support may be able to further assist. However, our team believes the user name may not be filled properly.”

We use this integration for multiple plans, and some have successfully been sent, without error-ing out. I’ve used the same steps but for some plans, that error is popping up.

Hi @nathaly.monge 

We managed to fix the error by fixing the “Add recipients” field. 
Our issue was with the admin that received the copy. 
Once we fixed that, it worked properly. 

Hello @hanna.milwer ,

I’m glad to hear that it was fixed. If the issue was with the “Add recipients” can your provide the exact steps you did to fix it? Did you just change the recipient?

Best regards,

We added a Name (previously it was blank, and only the email was written down), and that fixed the issue for us. 

Hi @hanna.milwer! Was that through Docusign or Captivate? I’m still trying to troubleshoot the same issue on my end...

this was through Docusign 

Hello @tara_m ,

Please try out @hanna.milwer troubleshooting steps to confirm if that fixes your issue, if it doesn’t please let us know.

Best regards,