Skip to main content
Question

Splitting Signed Documents

• 20 June 2024
  • 2 replies

I’m a realtor. I’ve used docusign to e-sign my documents for years. I just changed companies and no longer have access to a platform called Skyslope that had a document splitting feature. My new company doesn’t use Skyslope so now I’m trying to figure out how to split my documents that have already been signed.Adobe Acrobat won’t let me do it because they are signed/certified docs. Apparently I can do it if I have a ‘room’ in docusign, but I don’t know how to get a room. Can I get a room if I am a single user with a single account? Or is it only companies with multiple users that can have rooms? Thanks!

2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Hi @sescobar03,

Welcome to the Docusign Community!

We are glad to have you here and can't wait to help share as much knowledge as possible.

I understand you are looking for the steps on how to correct your completed document, and I will share more details on the topic..

You can apply changes to any envelope or recipient that has not been marked as completed.  

Once a recipient completes their action (or the envelope), the system will not accept any further alterations without voiding the signatures in it. This applies to both envelopes created in eSignature and Rooms.

You can find more details regarding how to correct an envelope, here: Correct an Envelope

Feel free to let us know if you need further assistance with this. 

Thank you for using Docusign, we hope you have a wonderful rest of your day! 

Best regards,

Alejandro R. | Docusign Community Moderator  

Please click "Best Answer" below if you find my reply to be a valid solution to your issue!

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Hi @sescobar03,

I hope you are doing well.

I would like to confirm if you were able to solve your issue by utilizing the solution that was suggested? 

If so, please mark it as the best answer by clicking “Select as Best” to make it easier for other users to find.

Otherwise, feel free to let me know and I will gladly help you address the situation as soon as possible.

Best regards,   

Alejandro R. | Docusign Community Moderator   

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!