Skip to main content
Solved

If someone forged a DocuSign document I never signed, how to prove that I never signed it?

• 4 July 2024
  • 3 replies

I have good reason to believe that a real estate agent may attempt to forge my digital signature on an agreement that I never received, nor signed.  The signature ID underneath doesn't match my email linked DocuSign signature ID. I already explained what I found in the court. Unfortunately, the judge accepts this forged document without verifying with DocuSign. Is there anything I can do? How can I prove that I never signed it? I really need some help!

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

Hello @YiW 

I am really sorry to hear that. @Michael.Rave  has answer the same question before effectively, which is totally correct. I am attaching the link so that you can review the same.

Thanks!

Badge +1

Hello @YiW 

I am really sorry to hear that. @Michael.Rave  has answer the same question before effectively, which is totally correct. I am attaching the link so that you can review the same.

Thanks!

If I need a legal process to ask DocuSign to provide the original Certificate of Completion of a particular document (I have the Envelope ID), what kind of legal process is needed? A police report? court order? 

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

So that’s something the COC sender can provide you for a particular document. You can ask sender to show the COC of the signed document.