Skip to main content
Question

Electronic Record and Signature Disclosure in Certificate of Completion

• 24 July 2024
  • 5 replies

Is this document NOT made a part of the Certificate of Completion? Sometimes I get the Certificate of Completion that has it attached and sometimes it’s not attached. Trying to determine when it is or isn’t supposed to be included.

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

@ValerieP

It depends on the fact, if the ERSD was accepted during that transaction or not. If the signer has already accepted it before and it not shown to them for the second envelope, it will not be attached in the end.

You can configure how often the ERSD needs to be accepted in the “Legal disclosure” settings, but typically it is set to only once for the account.

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Hello @ValerieP ,

Welcome to the Docusign Community and thank you for posting your concerns!

I understand you would like to know when an Electronic Record and Signature Disclosure (ERSD) is attached to your documents.

This will depend on how your account was set up. If the settings are set as “Yes, I elect to use an Electronic Record and Signature Disclosure with my new recipients” with the option “Once for this account” the recipient will only be requested to accept once an probably won’t have it attached for future documents signed sent from that same account.

If the recipient has already accepted the disclosure and if this one hasn’t changed, then it won’t reappear when a new signing session is initiated. This also depends on the frequency set in your settings.

If you need the ERSD to reappear to all recipient once, and you don’t need to change the disclosure itself, there is a workaround :

• As an Admin, go to Settings > Legal Disclosure
  • Scroll down to “Enter HTML”
  • At the end of the HTML body, add the remove a space
  • The button SAVE should appear in blue, allowing you to save a new version that will be prompted to your recipients

For more information, please view the following article: Electronic Record and Signature Disclosure

Let us know if you need further assistance with this.

Best regards,

Nathaly | Docusign Community Moderator
"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!

Badge +1

@Michael.Rave and @nathaly.monge 

Where can I go to find my “legal disclosure” settings?  I would like to know what my settings are set at.

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

@ValerieP 

You need to be an Administrator for Docusign eSignature to access the settings. Then is has it’s own tab called “Legal Disclosure” on the lefthand navigation, where you can configure the ERSD.

This Docusign Support article provides step-by-step instructions.

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Hello @ValerieP ,

If you found our response to be a useful solution to your question, please mark it as the best answer by clicking “Select as Best” to make it easier for other users to find.

Best regards,

Nathaly | Docusign Community Moderator
"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!