Skip to main content
Question

Customized sender roles

• 20 June 2024
  • 6 replies

Though I am the administrator for our account, we have several users who each send envelopes. Is there are way for notifications to go only to the sender?

6 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Hello @karndts ,

Welcome to the Docusign Community and thank you for posting your concerns!

I understand you are looking for just the admin to get notifications but I’m not quite understanding your request entirely.

1. Can you provide more details on your request?
  2. What is the current workflow?
  3. Who is getting undesired notifications?

Let us know if you need further assistance with this.

Best regards,

Nathaly | Docusign Community Moderator
"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!

Badge +1

Nathaly,

Currently we have @6 people sending envelopes from our account. As I’m the administrator, only I see the notifications when someones signs. We were hoping to adjust settings so that whatever individual sends the envelope also received the notifications.

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Hello @karndts ,

Thank you for the further information.

Can you have your users check their email notification settings in their profiles? Have them make sure that the option “ An envelope is complete” is selected:

1. Log into your Docusign Account.
  2. Select your user icon in the top-right corner and select My Preferences.
  3. Beneath SIGNING AND SENDING, select Notifications.
  4. To the right, you'll notice all notifications are turned on by default. Uncheck the box for any notification that you do not want to receive and select SAVE: Manage Docusign email notification preferences

Best regards,

Badge +1

Nathaly,

Within our paid subscription for DocuSign, the Standard Plan, can the Administrator "add users" so that multiple users can individually monitor the signing activity of their envelopes that they send out? Or,do we have to upgrade our subscription plan to "add a seat" or user?

Currently, additional users on the account can only see signing activity once the envelope is completed (last authorized signer "signs"). 

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Hello @karndts ,

Thank you for reaching back.

Senders of the envelopes can add users to their envelopes as a receives a copy (CC) as the first recipient in the signing order, from their they can monitor the envelopes completion within their own account but they will not get a notification after each signer completed their part. As an admin you would need to share envelopes sent from other users to yourself and then edit them to include any CC recipient: Manage Shared Access to Envelopes

Docusign at the moment does not have an option that allows sender to get notifications when each recipient completes their signing events, the closest option we offer would be “The first time each recipient views an envelope” or as mentioned before “An envelope is complete”.

Regarding why you are the one getting the notifications, are you added to the signing order? If not, have you ever set up a custody transfer rule?: Envelope Custody Transfer Rules

Best regards,

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Hello @karndts ,

If you found my response to be a useful solution to your question, please mark it as the best answer by clicking “Select as Best” to make it easier for other users to find.

Best regards,