Skip to main content
Solved

WebForm Witness Signatures

• 15 July 2024
  • 4 replies

When I am creating a WebForm packet for our incoming patients, we have to have a witness signature from our staff. We do mental health services for several schools in our area, and each school has a Team Lead that manages those witness signatures (ie, they are the ones that will sign the forms). I understand that I have to pre-setup a packet for each Team Lead so that the WebForm link comes to them for that signature, however what can I do if that Lead is out and unable to sign that packet? (Maybe they are out sick, go on vacation, out on leave, etc). Is there a way to divert that packet so that the incoming family doesn’t have to refill out paperwork they’ve already started?  

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Hello, @Dawn Sarvak 

You are welcome to the Docusign Community!

If the someone else can sign on behalf of the absent lead, he/she can set a delegated signer. On this case, another lead will receive an email to sign on his/her behalf.

Another option would be to create a Signing Group. The Signing Group cannot be the first signer in your Web Form. Using a Signing Group you can add to it the Team leads that can sign the form. Using a Signing Group the first Team lead signing makes not necessary another Team lead signs.

Those are my suggestions, perhaps you can get other ideas here from other collaborators.

I hope that helps!

Best,

Alexandre

Badge +1

@Alexandre.Augusto It does actually, thank you! I will work with our Leads on how to setup designated signers when they are out. What about if someone suddenly leaves our agency unexpectedly though? I am currently setup as a DS Administrator, but I’m not seeing any way for someone who is setup like me to do this. Is this only at the user level? 

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Yep, Admin has permissions to set a Signing Group and Close user. If an user leaves your company, you can Close that user then check a checkbox to remove him/her from any existing Signing group.

The Delegated signer on the other hand only can be set by the own user in his/her account under My Preferences.

Docusign recommends at least two users as Admin to prevent any unexpected situation where the only Admin is not available. Another thing, you can create a Delegated Permission Profile. Copying one of the three standard Permission Profiles then customize it accordingly your needs.

I invite you to visit our portal: Docusign University where you will find many free course and live webinars, as well recorded videos about our products and features.

http://dsucustomers.docusign.com

If this answer helped you, I’d appreciate your Like :-) 

Thank you!

Badge +1

Thank you so much! This is incredibly helpful!!