Skip to main content
Question

I need a field on my web form that is current date

• 3 July 2024
  • 6 replies

i have looked at text and date fields but don’t see how to assign current date to a web form field.

6 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Hello @mshealy,

Thank you for reaching out here, I appreciate you bringing your question to this Community.

We are committed to providing you with the best service possible. Thank you for bringing this matter to our attention, I understand you want to add a current date field to your Webform.

You will need to edit the template used to create the Webform first and then Edit the Web Form, to update the form you already made.

However the date field shows the date that the envelope was signed, if you need the date that the envelope was created you will need to use a text box and have the person who initiated the Webform manually input the date.

Note: Some advanced features and options are supported only in specific Docusign plans. Your account plan might not support some options discussed in this help topic. Contact your account administrator for more information about which options are available for your account. Or, visit our Plans and Pricing web page for more details on the features included with your plan. Compare eSignature plans & pricing.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Best regards,

Christopher | Docusign Community Moderator

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue.

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

@Christopher.Alpizar What properties do you use to get current date?

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Hello @mshealy,

Thank you for reaching out here, I appreciate you bringing your question to this Community.

To clarify, by current date are you referring to the date that the document is signed or the date that the envelope/Webform was created?

Best regards,

Christopher | Docusign Community Moderator

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue.

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

created

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Hello @mshealy,

The person who initiates the Form will need to do it manually, in order to create the field for this, you will need to set a regular text field, with the validation set to a date in the envelope, you can find the validation section in the field properties. That would be the closest option that we offer, however, any feedback that can improve our users’ experience is always more than welcome. We invite you to share your product suggestions and feature requests on our dedicated ideas page (https://community.docusign.com/ideas), where we can collaborate to shape the future of our product together.

Best regards,

Christopher | Docusign Community Moderator

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue.

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Hi @mshealy,

I hope you are doing well.

I would like to confirm if you were able to solve your issue by utilizing the solution that was suggested or if the information that was provided was useful. If so, please mark it as the best answer by clicking “Select as Best” to make it easier for other users to find. Otherwise, feel free to let me know and I will gladly help you address the situation as soon as possible.

Best regards,

Christopher | Docusign Community Moderator

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue.