Skip to main content

I was in an accident and had no income for several months. During this time I did not use my docusign account and could not pay for it. Now my account is suspended. Do I owe money? If I do will it be sent to a collection agency and alter my credit? I do not wish to use docusign any longer at least for the next few months and would like to close or pause my account. TIA. 

Hi @bdorantes,

Thank you for reaching out to the Docusign Community.  

There are no fees accumulated for your subscription in this scenario, because Docusign charges an upfront fee for its services. The suspension in your account refers mainly to its status, and how you will not be able to make use of the service until the new term’s fee is cancelled. If needed, you can cancel or downgrade your account to a Free plan by contacting Docusign support. Whether you downgrade to a free account or decide to cancel, you may want to make certain that any important documents have been downloaded to your personal device or computer. Once an account has been closed, you will no longer have access to any documents. Information on how to download completed documents is found here: 

To download documents 

Depending on how your account was originally configured, you may be able to cancel/close your account: 

Should I downgrade or close my Docusign Account? 

Feel free to let us know if you need further assistance with this. 

Best regards,

Alejandro R. | Docusign Community Moderator  

Please click "Best Answer" below if you find my reply to be a valid solution to your issue!

​Hi @bdorantes,

I hope you are doing well.

I would like to confirm if you could solve your issue by utilizing the suggested solution?           

If so, please mark it as the best answer by clicking “Select as Best” to make it easier for other users to find. Otherwise, feel free to let me know and I will gladly help you address the situation as soon as possible.

Best regards,   

Alejandro R. | Docusign Community Moderator   

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!