Skip to main content

I'm trying to figure out if this is an issue with our set up or a limitation of DocuSign.

We send out envelopes with fields that are prepopulated with customer data. If I view the envelopes I sent through the "Manage" tab -> "Sent" folder, AND the status of the envelope is "Waiting for others" (or voided), none of the fields appear. The document shows up completely blank from the preview page. However, once the customer "completes" the contract, the fields all appear populated.

My question is ... Why are the fields appearing blank in the sent envelope preview panel if the status is NOT "completed"? Is this just a limitation of DocuSign?

Note, screenshots show where and what I'm talking about

Hello,

Thank you for reaching out here in the DocuSign Community.

This is a limitation of DocuSign, the prepopulated information will not show until the recipients complete their action.

Let us know if you need further assistance with this.

Best regards,

Nathaly | DocuSign Community Moderator

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!

Thanks a lot​ for the quick response. Are there any plans for the DocuSign team to possibly update this? From a customer service standpoint, this seems like an oversight, as being able to see the data you send to customers before they complete it is pretty important.

Or, is there any other place that can display the prepopulated customer data of an non-completed envelope?

Hello,

Thank you for reaching back.

At the moment no, however, any feedback that can improve our users’ experience is always more than welcome. 

We’ll provide it to the Product team that is closely aligned with the area associated with the feedback. They will review it and determine the next steps.

In the near future, we will have a Community section that is dedicated to customer suggestions/feedback. You all will have the ability to upvote on what’s important and needed. 

The information can be viewed until the recipient completes their actions, so if there are 2 signers, and only one has completed, you can view the information the first signer entered after they click "Finish" if you do not see this, please try enabling (this can be done by an admin, they would need to go to Settings > Sending Settings), this is an account-wide feature: When an envelope is sent, write the initial value of the fields for all recipients

Let us know if you need further assistance with this.

Best regards,

Nathaly | DocuSign Community Moderator

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!

Hi, is there any update on this request / ask? We have a similar need to see the prepopulated information that was input before sending out to the recipients, typically before the recipients have completed the signing. Thanks!

@rachelM

You should be able to see the pre-filled values, if the following is enabled:

Docusign eSignature Settings → Sending Settings → Fields and Properties