Skip to main content

It was noticed that the DocuSign certificate used time zone US pacific Time (US and Canada) for documents. This while the account was set to “Same as my computer's time zone” (Time zone Netherlands). As a result, it appeared as if the document had been signed at 03:54 (five to four in the morning).

After further searching in the settings of my DocuSign it turned out that when I clicked on “specify time zone”, there was automatically time zone US pacific Time (US and Canada), the time zone that was on the certificate. After adjusting this time zone to Dutch and logging out/logging in, the correct time zone is placed on the certificate. 

But it seems to me a little bit strange that the previously generated certificates with the US pacific time (US and Canada) have now been changed into the Dutch time zone. This means that when changing the settings, the original data of existing certificates will be adjusted. Which may also mean that if the time difference between different time zones and the moment of signing falls early or late in the day, the date can also be a day earlier or later on the certificate. Shouldn't it be possible to adjust data on official certificates afterwards?

Hi,

Thank you for reaching out to the DocuSign Community.

By default, all signer accounts are set to a default of PST for the time zone, unless the users manually change the format. 

The Certificate of Completion will always use the sender's account time zone and date/time format settings.

How the time zone appears, depends on:

• What is being viewed 
  • Who is viewing the information
  • The settings for the account

Therefore, when you change the information it is only changed visually for you, if you had downloaded the completed Envelope, including the Certificate, the PDF will not be changed, the information only gets updated to match your settings when you view it on the User's Interface.

Here are some resources that you might find useful:

Time and Date Settings for Your Account

Why is the date signed field displayed as Pacific Time Zone (PDT)? 

If you believe that you need further assistance, or require the assistance of a live agent, you can always create a Support Case to have a Support agent work with you. 

https://support.docusign.com/s/contactSupport

If you are not able to open a  Customer Support case via the above link, you can scroll down to More Support Options and select "I can't reset my password or don't have an account." you will have the option of filling out the form or calling Support.

Please click "Select as Best" below if you found the answer to be a valid solution to your issue. 

Thank you for using DocuSign, we hope you have a wonderful rest of your day!

Best regards,

Rebeca | DocuSign Community Moderator

Thank you for the quick response and the eplanation :)