Skip to main content

I changed her "Name" to how we wanted it to appear and kept her email the same, but once she received the package, the signature still appears as she changed it (her birth name).

• Do I need to void the package and start over?

Hi,

Thank you for reaching out here in the DocuSign Community.  

I am sorry to hear that your signer changed their name when adopting their signature, but I will gladly share more details on the available options to prevent this from happening in the future.

To answer your question, in the end, the envelope with the wrong name will need to be recreated since the document is locked once a recipient completes their action and any change would invalidate the transaction.

To prevent this from reoccurring you are able to "Lock Recipients Names" in Settings>Signature Adoption Configuration.

Once this option has been enabled the signers in your envelopes will not be able to adopt a signature that differs from the name given to the recipient role by the sender.

It is also important to note that this feature does not apply to signatures that were adopted by the signer in the past.

For more details on how to work with the Lock Recipient Name option, see:

eSignature Admin - Signing Options Limits

Note: Some advanced features and options are supported only in certain DocuSign plans. Your account plan might not support some options discussed in this help topic.  

For more information about which options are available for your account, contact your account administrator. Or, visit our Plans and Pricing web page for more details on the features included with your plan. 

Compare eSignature plans & pricing 

Feel free to let us know if you need further assistance with this. 

Thank you for using DocuSign, we hope you have a wonderful rest of your day! 

Best regards, 

Alejandro R. | DocuSign Community Moderator 

"Select as Bestbelow if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!