Skip to main content

I start an envelope from the “Manage” option on the menu on top. I select an existing template and when I get to advance edit, I add a new document from template. Once I finish completing all the names, adresses, email subject and message, I click Next. But in the overview of my 2 merged documents some text boxes are missing. I check the original template and everything is in there. How can I fix this?

@JasminePPaladino - Are you uploading a PDF document with form fields on it?  DocuSign would give you a prompt like this. 

No, the original template it’s a word document. But it happens only with the Release template. If I use the template by its own, all text boxes are there. Also, a new signer option comes up when I add this template. 

Advance edit screen

@JasminePPaladino - Are you using template matching to automatically add the fields to your document (the Release form)?

There shouldn’t be any automation involved. I start the envelope from a template (NDA) and in the advanced editing screen, add a new document from my templates. Each template is a word document with text boxes that I generated when creating the template before. But there is a problem when I use the 2 templates in the same envelope. The curious thing is that it only happens with the template "Release".

Do you think I could talk to someone at DocuSign to show him/her this problem in zoom? How do I do this?

@JasminePPaladino - You can open a support case with DocuSign by following these instructions: Open a case in the Docusign Support Center

Thank you, I will!

Hi @JasminePPaladino,

I hope you are doing well.

I would like to confirm if you need further assistance, feel free to let me know and I will gladly help you address the situation as soon as possible.

Best regards,

Christopher | Docusign Community Moderator

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue.