Skip to main content

If I have to resend a document when does that resent document expire? After looking on the website for help I read that the document that was resent will expire 3 days from the date the document was resent, not the original date it was sent. However, I had to resend a couple documents that ended up expiring the next day. Am I misunderstanding the timeframe? 

Thanks!

I found the following, but it states that Reminder Notifications are reset not the Expiration. I believe the Expiration would remain the same as it was when the envelope was originally sent unless you Correct the envelope and change the Expiration.

https://support.docusign.com/en/guides/ndse-user-guide-send-reminders

If automatic reminders are enabled for an envelope, then resending it resets the time sent for automatic reminder notifications. For example, if your automatic reminders are set for 3 days and you resend a document, the automatic reminder will be sent 3 days after that date, not 3 days after the envelope was originally sent.

Please post a link to the DocuSign article regarding the reset of the expiration date.

Thank you! This was helpful!