Skip to main content
What is the max number of recipients that I am able to send a document to at one time?

I have never seen a specific limit to the workflow Recipients, I have tested 10 maximum in my envelopes. But as noted I have seen no documentation that suggests there is a limit.

Thank you, I have tested 30 at a time and that has worked but instead of receiving the signatures separately, all the required signatures have come back on the same document. In addition, I do not see a 'bulk list option' to add multiple recipients at one time . im wondering if i have an outdated version.

That is expected if you send one envelope with 30 Recipients. The only option to send the same document to 30 individual Recipients is either creating 30 envelopes or using "Bulk Send". Bulk Send is a specific feature to specific Accounts, first start with your DocuSign Admin to see if the feature is present and then if it is they need to enable that on a Permission Set basis and add that to your DocuSign User. So it is Account specific that is enabled on a Permission Set.

I am using the 30-day free trial and after 10 recipients/ signers I get an error message saying "number of recipients for the envelop has been exceeded". So there is a limitation.

I called to ask customer support but they disconnected each time after putting me on hold to check. I need 28 signers on a single document. Docusign does not support this.​

It likely is DocuSign Account specific. It is possible they can increase that for the free trial but you would need to contact DocuSign Support to get the exact details of the limitations of the free trial.

I have just been through a huge process of collating a bulk send upload file and location matching data for 230 people, only to find out that the maximum recipients is 99 on any envelope, even though all information I have been provided by DS prior to this has said there is no limit. Not impressed.

Hello. So what is the maximum to send to with one document? Is it 30, 99 or unlimited?