Skip to main content

i love using docusign but the website is terrible. I can’t find envelopes that i sent to delete them and clients are angry about harrassing emails from docusign

In order to “delete” an envelope, you have to be the Sender of that envelope (or a DocuSign Admin on the account) and go to your Manage > Sent folder.  Deleting an incomplete envelope will void and then remove the envelope.  Of course if there were duplicate envelopes sent and one envelope was completed while the other is still sending out unwanted notifications the options are for the Sender to “void” or the Recipient to decline which has the same effect, stopping notifications.  When you refer to website, I am not sure you mean the DocuSign user interface for Esignature or the support or general DocuSign website.

my point is that with this website i can’t find the envelope under manage / sent. it only shows about 6 envelopes even when i put the search to 6 months

why can’t i search all for envelopes? Why do i have to guess which category the envelope is in? Also why has the window for reviewing the document for to place signatures shrunk to a narrow stripe?

Hi @mdb,

I hope you are doing well.

I would like to confirm if you were able to solve your issue?

If so, please mark it as the best answer by clicking “Select as Best” to make it easier for other users to find.

Otherwise, feel free to let me know and I will gladly help you address the situation as soon as possible.

Best regards,

Christopher | DocuSign Community Moderator

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue.

No, what reponse are you talking about?

Hello @mdb

Thank you for reaching back.

I apologize for the inconvenience and the lateness in the reply, the following are the options that are used to search for envelopes:

You can use Filters, which allows for a more detailed search for envelopes based on selected criteria. You can use filters with or without a search term or quick view. The default filter returns all envelopes in the Inbox from the last six months, but you can also select a specific folder or quick view and then filter for specific items within that collection. Modify the filter criteria by clicking the Edit link. Using Filters

When searching for specific envelopes on the Manage page, you can search by envelope name, sender and recipient names, recipient email, and envelope ID. You can also search in envelope custom fields for matches to the field values. Wildcard searches are performed by default, but you can use quotation marks for exact matches. You can search in specific collections, folders, or Quick Views. To reset your search, clear the search term from the search box. Additionally, you can limit your search to a single folder or search by envelope ID. If you want to search for envelope custom field values, enable the "Include envelope custom fields" option. Search for Envelopes

There is the option of using the Quick Views, this is a convenient way to filter envelopes based on specific categories. When you choose a Quick View, you will see a list of envelopes that match that category, limited to activity from the past six months. To customize your results, you can use the Filters menu to adjust the time frame, specify the sender, or enter a search term to narrow down the results by envelope name, sender or recipient name, recipient email, or envelope ID. Quick Views can be found below your main Inbox, Sent, and Draft envelopes, and include options such as Action Required, Waiting for Others, Expiring Soon, Completed, and Authentication Failed. Quick Views are also accessible on the Home page. Using Quick Views.

The user interface is set by design, however, any feedback that can improve our users’ experience is always more than welcome. 

If you’re a DocuSign Administrator for a corporate plan, you have the additional option of filing your request directly when you’re logged into your account. You’ll be able to click the “Give Feedback” button at the bottom of the screen to submit your idea.

If you run a report, are you able to locate the envelopes in the report results?

Let us know if you need further assistance with this.

Best regards,

Hi @mdb,

I hope you are doing well.

I would like to confirm if you need further assistance with this, feel free to let me know and I will gladly help you address the situation as soon as possible.

Best regards,