Skip to main content

Are there any restrictions in place regarding when sending to VOIP phone number to receive the 2FA code. thanks GV

Hi @greivance12 !

Not at first, however, it must be noted that as soon as someone "answer" the call, the text code begins to be informed in the call. In other words, if an automatic IVR answers or even if it’s necessary to dial a number, it will not be possible to use that method for authentication.

Let me know if you have any questions!

Hello @greivance12 ,

Welcome to the Docusign Community and thank you for posting your concerns!

There shouldn’t be any restrictions for regarding sending 2FA via a VOIP phone number, the provider would have to set it up from there side, if done correctly it shouldn’t give you an error.

TeleSign support mentions the following: "A fixed VOIP is usually associated with CISCO phone systems or polycom devices in conference rooms. Non-fixed VOIP could be associated with Pinger, Burner, Google Voice. Even though your desk phone might not have a screen to display SMS, that does not preclude the provider from providing SMS services for that particular phone number."

I hope that information helps.

Let us know if you need further assistance with this.

Best regards,

Nathaly | Docusign Community Moderator
"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!

Hello @greivance12 ,
If you found my response to be a useful solution to your question, please mark it as the best answer by clicking “Select as Best” to make it easier for other users to find.
Best regards,

Nathaly | Docusign Community Moderator
"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!