Skip to main content

I changed the name on my account in my profile but it’s still showing my middle name when I send the document to be signed. How do I remove this?

This is not the signature name, it’s the name that appears From: when I send emails with documents to sign. 

Hi @ginosbr,

Welcome to the Docusign Community!

We are glad to have you here and can't wait to help share as much knowledge as possible.

I am sorry to hear that your user name change was not reflected on your envelope email notifications, but I will assist you in solving the issue.

Under certain circumstances, these profile changes might take some time to be fully reflected on the application.

Are you still experiencing the same issue when sending a new envelope, without using a template?

If that is the case, the first thing to try would be temporarily changing your name again, to confirm if the issue persists.

Feel free to let us know if you need further assistance with this. 

Thank you for using Docusign, we hope you have a wonderful rest of your day! 

Best regards,

Alejandro R. | Docusign Community Moderator  

Please click "Best Answer" below if you find my reply to be a valid solution to your issue!

Hi @ginosbr,

I hope you are doing well.

I would like to confirm if you were able to solve your issue by utilizing the solution that was suggested? 

If so, please mark it as the best answer by clicking “Select as Best” to make it easier for other users to find.

Otherwise, feel free to let me know and I will gladly help you address the situation as soon as possible.

Best regards,   

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!   

Hi there. I am experiencing the same issue, I have updated the name on my profile but my docusign ID card still shows my middle name and when emails are sent this is what the other parties receive. How do I edit my docusign ID card to delete the middle name?

Hi @Matt Dawson,

Thank you for sharing your experience.

Have you tried changing your name to something else and then switching it back to the right one?

Please let me know the results, and I will help you define what will be the best steps to take.

As always, don't hesitate to let me know if I can help with anything else in the meantime and I will lend a hand as soon as possible. 

Best regards,

Please click "Best Answer" below if you find my reply to be a valid solution to your issue!

Yes have changed my name and that worked fine but it’s the Docusign ID, still shows my middle name and still has this as the sender when I send contracts. How do I edit my docusign ID, not my display name?

Hi @Matt Dawson,

Thank you for following up.

Docusign Support can assist in refreshing your user name, and how it is reflected in your Docusign ID.

You may contact us by filling out the form provided below:

https://support.docusign.com/en/contactSupport 

If you cannot open the case on the same page, you should scroll down to More Support Options and select "I can't reset my password or don't have an account." you will have the option of filling out the form or calling Support.

Best regards,