Skip to main content
This is a multipart question - If a signer has partially completed a document and signed it, but needs to edit some of the fields they completed, when I resend the document to them, can they see what they completed? Or, will they have to complete again?

Hello,

Thank you for reaching out here in the DocuSign Community.

To clarify is the recipient added multiple times in the signing flow?

Let us know if you need further assistance with this.

Best regards,

Christopher | DocuSign Community Moderator

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue.

There are two signers. The first signer completed the form and signed it, but realized she needed to change some of what she completed in the fields. The second person has not signed the form yet. If I resend, will the first signer see her form as she completed it? Or when I resend, does it send her a completely new/untouched form?

I called support. They confirmed that when a document has been signed, the only recourse is to resend the document which means they must complete and sign again. The sender may not initiate sending the partially completed document in this envelope to the person who has already signed the document.

Hello,

Have you reviewed the option of using Collaborative fields and the Document Markup feature?

Please see this guide https://support.docusign.com/s/document-item?bundleId=gbo1643332197980&topicId=hgz1578456364517.html&_LANG=enus.

Let us know if you need further assistance with this.

Best regards,

Christopher | DocuSign Community Moderator

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue.