Skip to main content

I sent an envelope to be signed by several users.  The user’s company has their own Docusign account that seems to be preventing them from signing in. Part of the error message says that their company has configured the application to block users unless they are specifically granted (‘assigned’) access to the application.

How can I help them get signed in to sign my company’s envelope?  

Hi @Millem04 !

There is a possibility for those responsible for the recipient's domain to block any "external" action by a user who is not linked to their company's official account. In this case, as it was a configuration chosen and configured by their company itself, neither you nor DocuSign will be able to act as a workaround in this scenario - unless you send the envelope to them using another e-mail address.

The only way for this user to be able to sign with this email domain would be to ask the administrators of their official account to create a user for them, and they will later be able to access and sign. I reinforce once again that this configuration was determined by those responsible for the recipient's domain, and is not a failure/limitation of the platform.

Furthermore, I am based on the scenario you are telling us, but I would recommend that this recipient contact DocuSign support to check whether this is in fact a limitation imposed by their domain administrators, or whether it is simply difficulty accessing the envelope.

Hello @Millem04 ,

If you found the provided response to be a useful solution to your question, please mark it as the best answer by clicking “Select as Best” to make it easier for other users to find.

Best regards,

Nathaly | DocuSign Community Moderator
"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!