Skip to main content

I am having an issue with other certain templates not matching for a user all of a sudden (has previously worked fine). The templates are shared with the user, the user has adjusted their matching percentage down to 20% but when uploading a document, the correct template will not pop up to choose. I try the exact document the user is attempting and the template matches at 78%. Any advice? 

Hi @CAustin !

I'm sorry the Docusign experience wasn't what you expected.

The first step is to check whether the Template was actually shared with this user and, subsequently, check the Template Matching settings in the user's My Preferences. Another option is to check if this user can find the template directly through the Template tab.  If everything is OK, see the option below.

An alternative would be to check if the template appears when the user loads the document (through the Apply Templates > option on the Suggested tab), as shown in the image below:

If you've checked all of this and it's still not working, I believe the best option would be to contact the Customer Support Team, as they will be able to check this user's details (such as permissions, access, etc.)

Thanks for the response. By doing the alternative option you provided, the template appears when the user loads the document and then clicks Apply Templates > but the user has to the click on Shared Templates folder to be able to view the needed one (does not appear as a suggested one). The option you provided does serve as a as a work around but does require addl steps. I’ll reach out to customer service for further assistance. Thanks again.

Thanks for the response. By doing the alternative option you provided, the template appears when the user loads the document and then clicks Apply Templates > but the user has to the click on Shared Templates folder to be able to view the needed one (does not appear as a suggested one). The option you provided does serve as a as a work around but does require addl steps. I’ll reach out to customer service for further assistance. Thanks again.

Hi @CAustin !

I'm glad I was able to help a little!
Anyway, it seems that the matching percentage is not being very effective. It would be interesting to reduce this to the lowest possible value to see if the template is still suggested.

I hope the support team can help you!

@CAustin Did you ever find a solution? We are having a similar issue. We have found that if we put users in a group and share the templates then its working. However the issue appears to only be with those templates that match over 90%.  Putting the users in groups and sharing the groups helps us see matches on those documents with over 90% matching.

Hello @TGodbolt ,

Welcome to the Docusign Community and thank you for posting your concerns!

I’m sorry to hear that the template matching is not working as expected, I understand this does work when shared in a group by not for individual users.

If you apply IDR zones to your template, do they get the same outcome?:Set custom IDR zones

Let us know if you need further assistance with this.

Best regards,

Nathaly | Docusign Community Moderator
"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!

Having this same issue, template is shared with a user that is working fine and then just stops.  Created it once stopped working and didn’t know why so I deleted that one, recreated the template and worked again for about a week.  They were matching at 92%. 

Agree the added steps to manually apply the template negates the advantage of using the template. 

@TGodbolt - do I understand correctly that it will work IF you put the members in a Group and then share the template to the Group?

@ALWEBER Yes. It worked prior but not sure what happened to make it stop. Sharing with a group seems to be the workaround. Sharing with the group is the workaround. The one caveat we noticed was that it only affected templates that had matches greater than 90%. Weird right? DocuSign did do some update (according to release notes) right around the time we noticed it stopped work. We did open a ticket but I don’t think we’ve gotten very far with it.

@TGodbolt Thanks for the quick reply - I will definitely try out the Group approach.  I am new to templates so this has been pretty frustrating. 

@ALWEBER Definitely frustrating as we shouldn’t have to do this and it worked prior to stop working.  Good luck. If I hear something from DocuSign, I will be sure to come back here and post.

Hello @TGodbolt and @ALWEBER ,

Welcome to the Docusign Community and thank you for posting your concerns!

I’m sorry to hear that the template matching is causing such frustration.

If the IDR zones and lowering the matching percentage is not working, I recommend you create a case with customer support informing of the workaround and the issues the feature is presenting.

Please open a Customer Support case by clicking the link below, and we’ll address your request as soon as possible. https://support.docusign.com/en/contactSupport  

1. Select Open a Support Case at the top of the page.
  2. Select the Continue button beneath eSignature, Rooms, and CLM. Note: If you're a DoD customer, select DoD Customer Login.
  3. Log in using your Product credentials (email and password) and select Continue:
    1. The DocuSign Support Center requires login credentials for a Production account. The account can be a Trial account, but it must be in a Production environment (i.e., not a Demo or Sandbox environment).
    2. Have issues logging in? Try these troubleshooting steps.
  4. Select a Case Subject. Note: If you have multiple DocuSign accounts, a pop-up will appear. Select an account to continue.
  5. Select any of the resources under ‘Need Answers Fast?’ that address your issue.
  6. If that doesn't answer your question, select the Add Case Details button.          
  7. Complete the case form.

Let us know if you need further assistance with this.

Best regards,

Hello @TGodbolt and @ALWEBER,

If you found my response to be a useful solution to your question, please mark it as the best answer by clicking “Select as Best” to make it easier for other users to find.

Best regards,

Sorry. It doesn’t. I mentioned in a comment above your response that we had already opened a ticket with DocuSign support as well.

Hello @TGodbolt I am also experiencing this issue. Did you receive any feedback?

I was having this same issue with two employees. Everyone else had the same access and had no issues. They already had access to the shared folder where our templates were saved but it would not match to any of them.

After reading the original response, I went into the shared folder and additionally shared each template with them and it resolved the issue. Working great now!