Skip to main content

Hi everyone,

Our team has recently started trialling DocuSign. We have multiple teams to create templates for, as they have commonly used/sent documents. While one team has functioning templates (created by a 3rd party company), we’re having some issues with others. We’re trying to create a template with 2x documents. The 1st is a 2x page document, the 2nd is a 1x page document. When uploading the documents within the template into the “Send an Envelope” function, the template-matching only brings up the 1st document. You then have to manually apply the template again to the 2nd document. The auto-matching for the templates isn’t bringing up the 2nd document, even if it’s identical to the one in the template - even when lowering the matching sensitivity. 

This only applies correctly if the fields have all been set-up with a “Location” tag on that page, however this isn’t the case with our pre-established functioning team templates. We’re using the location tag method as a workaround, but it comes with drawbacks and risks (eg if this feature is discontinued). If these tags aren’t used, it will try to apply the template from Document 1, Page 1 onto the 2nd document - resulting in completely wrong fields. 

We have tried using documents from different sources, both flattened and with form fields and using different documents and it seems to happen universally. We also have a development (test) environment and a production (real-life) environment, it happens in both.

DocuSign support have checked our settings and can’t find an indicative reason for this. 

Has anyone had a similar issue?

Thank you!

Hello @TessSalter ,

Welcome to the DocuSign Community and thank you for posting your concerns!

I’m sorry to hear that template matching is not working for you as you expected. I understand it only works if fields are set up with location tabs.

Would you be so kind as to provide the affected template and the documents you are applying it to?

Let us know if you need further assistance with this.

Best regards,

Nathaly | DocuSign Community Moderator
"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!

Hello @TessSalter ,

Are you able to provide the information that I previously requested? If so, please do so in a reply to this question so that I am able to further assist you with your issue.

Best regards,

Nathaly | DocuSign Community Moderator
"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!