Skip to main content

Hi new to docusign:

I understand how to assign fields to a document that require a person to fill in and how to make it required and not required.  

• I have found that the number filed does not allow the format to be set for a date.  How do I make this happen if I only want the filed to be filled in with a date Month, day and Year
  • There are some questions that need to be answered Yes or No I understand how to add the check box label, however if the answer is Yes I then need the below questions answered (required) and if the answer is No then they can skip answering the questions below.  Is this possible?  If so what plan does this work with?

Hello, @Grandma27 

Welcome to the DocuSign Community!

We’re happy to know  you’re using DocuSign eSignature for your agreements!

Responding your questions:

• I have found that the number filed does not allow the format to be set for a date.  How do I make this happen if I only want the filed to be filled in with a date Month, day and Year
    A: you can use the Text field then in properties panel (on the right of your document) find the property called Validation, select the type of Date do you want to use. Now, this field only will accept valide dates.

• There are some questions that need to be answered Yes or No I understand how to add the check box label, however if the answer is Yes I then need the below questions answered (required) and if the answer is No then they can skip answering the questions below.  Is this possible?  If so what plan does this work with?
    A: Yes, you can do that using the Conditional fields feature. It’s possible to show or hide a text based in the selection made in a radio  buttons or checkbox groups or even based in the values from another field.
    On this video you’ll learn how to use Conditional fields.

I hope that helps!

Alexandre