Skip to main content

I have a Signing Group established with two individuals. There responsibility as a recipient is Needs To View. The history of the envelope shows that one of the individuals has opened and viewed the document, but it is still not being forwarded to the next recipient.

In this situation, does it requires both individuals in the signing group to view before the document moves on?

Hi,

Thank you for reaching out here in the DocuSign Community. 

The Needs to View recipient action should be completed once the recipient has opened the envelope. This behavior should not be affected by the signing group and the action should be completed by the first user in the signing group that accesses the document.

I took the liberty of running a test on my demo account and this is how the workflow should show in the envelope history if the Needs to View action was completed appropriately.

Is the entry in your envelope history showing differently from the one above?

If that is the case, would it be possible for you to recreate the envelope and confirm if the issue persists there?

Feel free to let us know if you need further assistance with this. 

Thank you for using DocuSign, we hope you have a wonderful rest of your day! 

Best regards, 

Alejandro R. | DocuSign Community Moderator 

"Select as Bestbelow if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue! 

I actually have learned that these individuals are opening the envelope but not clicking through to view the document. Apparently because they can see the document in the background after opening, they don't continue by clicking the consent and just close the window.

Thanks for your response though.