Skip to main content

Anyone have an issues with envelopes being able to be open by anyone clicking on the link provided in the email and the signature appears as the original recipient? So basically able to sign as someone else? 

This is a serious concern and issue for my company. 

Anyone know why and how this is happening? 

@DocControl 

The link in the DocuSign email to the recipient is a unique, private link, which is only intended for the recipient and it clearly states that link should not be forwarded. If this email is forwarded or shared and someone else clicks on it, how would DocuSign know it is someone else? Right, there is no way to do so.

You can add additional security by configuring authentication on various levels to enforce a login to the DocuSign Account so envelopes cannot be opened without authentication, for example on domain level when you set up SSO and enforce login to access envelopes.

There is also the option to add a second factor for authentication, e.g. an Access Code or SMS to verify the recipients identity before accessing the envelope.

Hi @DocControl,

I hope you are doing well.

I would like to confirm if you were able to solve your issue by utilizing the solution that was suggested or if the information that was provided was useful.

If so, please mark it as the best answer by clicking “Select as Best” to make it easier for other users to find.

Otherwise, feel free to let me know and I will gladly help you address the situation as soon as possible.

Best regards,

Christopher | DocuSign Community Moderator

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue.