Skip to main content

Hi All,

I have a contract that needs to be signed by talent before an event. I then need them to fill out a fillable W-9, reimbursement form and invoice. Can I send all 4 documents in one envelope with only the contract being required to be signed immediately and then the other 3 docs being required to be signed a week later? I’m trying to avoid chasing people down for their forms after the event... Thanks!

@IDExp - I don’t believe there is a way to do that in DocuSign since you need the contract to be signed and completed first.  You will need to create two envelopes, one for the Contract and then the other for the W-9, reimbursement form and invoice.

@IDExp Technically you could add the same person as a Recipient twice, say Recipient 1 and Recipient 4 as an example, in the envelope with all 4 documents, add fields for Recipient 1 where the documents need to be filled and signed and then add a HOLD period of 21 days to the envelope between Recipient 3 and 4, then add fields for Recipient 4 on the documents needed to be completed 3 weeks later.  Note: The envelope is not considered complete until all actions have taken place and there could be room for error if the envelope gets voided due to expiration but it should be a solution.

Hello @IDExp ,

If you found the provided response to be a useful solution to your question, please mark it as the best answer by clicking “Select as Best” to make it easier for other users to find.

Best regards,

Nathaly | Docusign Community Moderator
"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!