Skip to main content

Hello I am hoping someone can provide some guidance here. It is my first time posting on here so please let me know if there is any additional information I should provide to help clarify my question below.

I am sending an envelope with three parties. Two signers and one person who will only receive a copy of the completed envelope. 

After the signers complete their signatures is there a way to set a limited time frame the person receiving the copy can view it? I just want the copy to be available/viewable for up to seven days after it has been signed. 

I did not see a setting or function for this and deleting the envelope after 7 days manually seemed to still give the recipient of the copy access to view the document. 

Thank you! 

Hi @Dustin FAS,

Welcome to the DocuSign Community!

We are glad to have you here and can't wait to help share as much knowledge as possible.

I understand that you would like to limit your recipient’s access to the envelope’s completed documents, and I will share more details on the topic.

Within DocuSign eSignature, all recipients will retain access to the completed documents in an envelope. There is no known workaround to this behavior at this moment. Nevertheless, feedback that can improve our users’ experience is always welcome. I encourage you to consider submitting your idea to be reviewed by our development team for possible implementation. If you’re a DocuSign Administrator for a corporate plan, you have the additional option of filing your request through a support case, or by reaching out to your Account Team. We invite you to share your product suggestions and feature requests on our dedicated ideas page (https://community.docusign.com/ideas), where we can collaborate to shape the future of our product together.

Feel free to let us know if you need further assistance with this. 

Thank you for using DocuSign, we hope you have a wonderful rest of your day! 

Best regards,  

Alejandro R. | DocuSign Community Moderator  

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!  

Hi @Dustin FAS !

There is no way to determine a period of time that some of the recipients will have access to a specific envelope. The only option that exists is the option called Purge Envelopes, however it is important to emphasize that this option permanently deletes the envelope from the DocuSign platform and no recipients in the flow will be able to access it (via the platform) after the purge is completed - unless they make a local copy on your computer.

Please check these articles to get more information, and be careful, because you won't be able to cancel this action after performing it:

Thank you both for your help!