Skip to main content

I sent 10 DocuSign envelopes out this morning and they are nowhere to be found, not in Sent, Drafts, or showing up under manage. Where are my envelopes?

Hi @Cait Lewis !

As I answered you in the other Community post, since I'm not part of Docusign technical support team, I don't have many accesses to check it. However, checking the website status.docusign.com so far there has been no incident reported, but I will keep an eye out if more people report this through the Community.

In the meantime, could you please open a ticket with the Technical Support Team and report what is happening with your account? They will be able to check exactly and tell you what is happening!

As a workaround, let me repost some tips I gave in another similar post.

Firstly, I’d like to say that envelopes do not “disappear” from the Docusign platform. There is a series of metadata and security that allows you to track everything that is happening in that transaction. Therefore,  that it’s possible to locate the history of it.

1. One of the most common possibilities for not locating the envelope is searching in the wrong folder or using filters. Therefore, the first tip I give you is if you are really the sender of the envelope, access your Sent Items box (Manage menu) and check that you do not have active filters. Watch this video for more details: eSignature: How to Manage Envelopes

2. Another tip is to check if your account administrator has not created an automatic Custody Transfer rule in your account, that is, as soon as you send the envelope it is automatically transferred to another user. See more information here: Custody Transfer Rules

3. If you still cannot locate the envelope, another possibility is to obtain the envelopeID number and search using it. Every transaction carried out on Docusign receives a unique ID number. See how to locate the ID through this article: Locate a Docusign envelope ID
    Once you have the envelopeID, simply return to your Manage menu from the account that sent the envelope, access the Sent folder and search using this number. If you prefer, you can insert the envelopeID number at the end of this URL: https://apps-d.docusign.com/send/documents/details/(completed envelopeID number with dashes)

Hi @Cait Lewis !

Docusign identified a bug related to this issue, and since it’s impacting customers an incident was opened - as showed below:

Some envelopes are intermittently not appearing in Users Inboxes but can be found via search (IM-39778)

If you’d like to follow and receive updated about this bug, please access https://status.docusign.com/incidents/1dbph1zg44rw. Or, if you prefer, you can check on our status.docusign.com website.

Additionally, we encourage impacted customers to open a ticket reporting the issue, so the support team can map each impacted customer and offer personalized assistance once the issue is resolved.

We appreciate each of you reporting this issue and we apologize for the inconvenience! 

​​​@Cait Lewis ,

Update: Incident IM-39778 has been resolved. The Docusign development team was able to identify the problem and fix it promptly. No new envelopes sent from now on will be affected!

Regarding envelopes that were previously sent, some are being restored automatically, others will require manual action (to move do sent items again).
To know which envelopes you sent during this period, we recommend that you obtain a list through the Envelope Report. When you find the envelopeIDs, you can access them using the URL https://apps-d.docusign.com/send/documents/details/(completed envelopeID number with dashes) as long as you are part of the envelope flow (as recipient or sender).

If you want more information or require further assistance, please contact our Customer Support team mentioning incident IM-39778 in the subject of the ticket.

We are sorry again for what happened!