Skip to main content

Dear all, 

I’m having trouble to send in bulk and upload a csv-document that DocuSign can use to sent to +100 mailadresses at once. 
I’ve read the “manual” on how to proceed, but I’m afraid that I didn’t managed to understand the procedure. 
Thanks for your insight / help! 
Christophe

@ChristopheLievens The CVS needs three main components at a minimum to be successful.

1. A header row in the CSV, this is the first line and it tells DocuSign what to expect in the file.  This normally has the Recipient Role: Name and Recipient Role: Email at the very minimum.  Replace “Recipient Role” with the defined Role on the Template for the bulk send.  So if the Recipient Role in position 1 that is being used is “Student”, then the Header row would have “Student: Name” and “Student: Email” in row 1, column 1 and 2.
  2. The two default requirements in the Bulk Send, Name and Email address.
  3. CSV entries for each envelope. Each line in the CSV file after the header row is considered and envelope, so 500 rows would be 1 header and 499 envelopes.

If you are getting a specific error or can attach a screenshot of your CSV header and the corresponding Template Recipients, I may be able to help further.

Hi @ChristopheLievens,

I hope you are doing well.

I would like to confirm if you were able to solve your issue by utilizing the solution that was suggested? 

If so, please mark it as the best answer by clicking “Select as Best” to make it easier for other users to find

Otherwise, feel free to let me know and I will gladly help you address the situation as soon as possible.

Best regards,   

Alejandro R. | DocuSign Community Moderator   

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!

I am getting this error when I am trying to test a bulk send template: please help!

@rgustafson The error is stating a mismatch between the CSV Header row and the Data Labels in the DocuSign fields of the Template.  I would need to review the CSV Header and the data you are attempting to populate from the CSV into the envelopes.

Thank you! That’s what I thought- but I was using the downloaded CSV. Here is the example CSV Header row and the data:

Employee::Name Employee::Email Employee::Date of Contract Employee::Job Title Employee::Offer Expire Date 1 Employee::Offer Expire Date 2 Employee::Salary Employee::Date of Contract 2
Rachel Gustafson rgustafson@loucol.com March 1st 2024 Head of School Assistant March 15th 2024 March 15th 2024 49440 March 1st, 2024

Here are the Data Labels copied and pasted from the template:

Date of Contract

Salary

Job Title

Offer Expire Date 1

Offer Expire Date 2

Date of Contract 2

@David.Schmitz  sorry I forgot to tag you above

@rgustafson Did by any chance the “Role” or any of the field data labels or field associations change after you downloaded the CSV Template file?

Basically the “Employee” is the Role name of the Recipient. The :: is a separator and then the Data Label of the field so each item(s) needs to be checked to ensure it is correct.

Hi @rgustafson,

I hope you are doing well.

I would like to confirm if you were able to send your batch issue by utilizing the steps provided by @David.Schmitz?

If so, please mark it as the best answer by clicking “Select as Best” to make it easier for other users to find

Otherwise, feel free to let me know and I will gladly help you address the situation as soon as possible.

Best regards,   

Alejandro R. | DocuSign Community Moderator   

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!