Skip to main content

Hello.  As the sender, is it possible to see the original message included within the completed email that gets returned once all parties sign?

The original message appears in the completed email for all recipients but not for the sender. Thanks!

Hi @RJLWB !

Sorry, I think I couldn’t understand what is the “original message” that you mentioned. Could you please provide more information so that I can help you better?

Hello, thanks for following up. By “original message,”  I mean the custom message that is included by the sender in the envelope. 

Hello, thanks for following up. By “original message,”  I mean the custom message that is included by the sender in the envelope. 

I see, thank you for replying me!

I made some tests and you’re correct, this information isn’t available after the envelope conclusion. The only way to retrieve those messages is by creating a copy of the envelope.

However, there is an other solution that may work for you. Instead of customizing an email body message for each user, you can add a Private Message. This information will be available to the sender during and after the envelope conclusion, and only the specific recipient will receive this information:

I hope this solution work to you!

Hi @RJLWB,

I hope you are doing well.

I would like to confirm if you were able to solve your issue by utilizing the solution that was suggested or if the information that was provided was useful. If so, please mark it as the best answer by clicking “Select as Best” to make it easier for other users to find. Otherwise, feel free to let me know and I will gladly help you address the situation as soon as possible.

Best regards,

Christopher | Docusign Community Moderator

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue.