Skip to main content

The final signer of a document had a change to their title, so now their title on the document needs to be revised.

Is it possible to edit the document now to reflect this person’s title change, even though other people have already signed this document?

If so, can I make this change as the sender, or can they do this as the signer? 

Hello @Leslie E ,

Welcome to the Docusign Community and thank you for posting your concerns!

I understand you need to change one of the signer’s titles.

You can apply changes to any envelope or recipient that has not been marked as completed. Once a recipient completes their action (or the envelope), the system will not accept any further alterations. In these case you would need to send a new envelope out requesting the correct information. We apologize for the inconvenience. 

You can find more details regarding how to correct an envelope, here: Correct an Envelope

Let us know if you need further assistance with this.

Best regards,

Nathaly | Docusign Community Moderator
"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!

Hi Nathaly,

Thaks for your message. Unfortunately, I have attempted to follow the instructions in the “correct an envelope” section to modify the fields and this does not work.

Could this be because the document was created outside of Docusign? 

Thanks.

Hello @Leslie E ,

Thank you for reaching back.

Do you not see the correct option in the envelope? What exactly happened when you tried to correct the envelope?

Please note that is the signer already signed, that information can not be changed by the sender nor the signer, a new envelope would have to be sent out.

Let us know if you need further assistance with this.

Best regards,

Hello @Leslie E ,

Are you able to provide the information that I previously requested? If so, please do so in a reply to this question so that I am able to further assist you with your issue.

Best regards,