Skip to main content

Hi everyone,

I hope someone can help with my question about removing a document from an envelope.

When I send a contract to be signed, I have to include an internal request document that outlines the contract details and the reason for the signing. This document needs to be seen by our company signatory but should not be sent to the other party.

Is there a way to set up the envelope so that the internal information document is automatically removed before DocuSign sends it to the contract to the other party? I’ve looked into it but haven’t found a clear solution.

Thanks!

@DaveJ - You can use a feature in DocuSign that is called Document Visibility. It basically allows you to have different signing parties visibility into the document.   You would need to make sure you are loading these documents separately on the template.   You can find more information here. Set Document Visibility (docusign.com)

Hi @DaveJ,

I hope you are doing well.

I would like to confirm if you were able to solve your issue by utilizing the solution that was suggested? 

If so, please mark it as the best answer by clicking “Select as Best” to make it easier for other users to find.

Otherwise, feel free to let me know and I will gladly help you address the situation as soon as possible.

Best regards,   

Alejandro R. | Docusign Community Moderator   

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!