Skip to main content

Using Correct, I am unable to remove or reorder signing order of any CC’s on a sent envelope. Once the envelope is sent, the option to modify a CC recipient is greyed out, but all other recipient types are editable. The documents in the envelope have not been viewed or signed. Ultimate goal - I do NOT want the CC to receive any notifications of a completion, void or expiration. Please advise if this is possible. 

Hello @ALoseke,

Thank you for reaching out here, we want to welcome you to the Docusign Community, I appreciate you bringing your question to this Community.

I apologize for any inconvenience this might cause you, we are committed to providing you with the best service possible. Thank you for bringing this matter to our attention, I understand you are unable to edit the recipients on an In-Progress envelope.

Was the envelope created using a template? If so can you confirm if the template has the option to restrict editing the recipients? You can view this at Advanced Options >>Template Modification.

Or was the envelope created from scratch?

Note: Some advanced features and options are supported only in specific Docusign plans. Your account plan might not support some options discussed in this help topic. Contact your account administrator for more information about which options are available for your account. Or, visit our Plans and Pricing web page for more details on the features included with your plan. Compare eSignature plans & pricing.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Best regards,

Christopher | Docusign Community Moderator

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue.

Thank you for reaching out. The envelope was created from scratch. As soon as I hit send, all CCs are greyed out and show as completed. 

Hello @ALoseke,

Thank you for reaching back.

Based on the screenshot, the reason that you cannot remove the CC recipient is because the notification was already sent, and since it is a CC the system considers their part as completed. The carbon copy recipient will receive the completed envelope when you use a signing order and add them at the end of the order. Since you placed at the beginning they will not receive any further notification from this envelope.

Also since there are two recipients in the first place of the signing and one of them is showing as completed that blocks the removal of the signing order for the envelope.

Best regards,

Christopher | Docusign Community Moderator

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue.

OK, thanks. Are you aware of a setting that defaults the signing order box to be checked?

Hello @ALoseke,

Thank you for reaching back.

You will need to be an account Admin to locate the account-wide setting that sets the Signing order by default, please follow: Settings tab>>Sending Settings>>Enable signing order by default.

Best regards,

Christopher | Docusign Community Moderator

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue.