Skip to main content

How do I remove the DocuSign ID that is posted at the top of all documents?

I can see many help articles for the old experience, but can't see anything for the current experience.

In your admin console, on the Sending Settings page, look for these settings:

Enable including the Envelope ID on the document

Include Envelope ID by default

Hi, Welcome to the DocuSign Support Community!Here's the New DocuSign Experience guide: (https://support.docusign.com/en/guides/ndse-user-guide-envelope-id) Control Envelope ID Placement that you may find helpful.DonnaDocuSign Support Community Moderator 

@NA1 Feynman​ I am trying to search for the setting, but i could not find it !!!

@Donna Mercer​ I could not find the setting mentioned in the link!!!

My account does not have the setting either. Has anyone figured this out yet?

@Timothy McKee​ @Abed Jaber​ What type of DocuSign Account plan are you currently using? There are differences between trials, free and paid account plans. It is possible based on the plan you have this option might not be available. Just checking if there is a similarity between the accounts that do not have this functionality.

Typically it is my suggestion to create a DocuSign Support case to investigate whether this feature or option is not part of your DocuSign plan. Post results from the DocuSign Support case so future Community members will have that information.

I have both a trial account and a paid business pro account. I don't see the options in either to hide the envelopeId. My Admin 'sender settings' does not have that checkbox option.

Additionally, programatically I tried setting its visibility to not show for specific envelopes via the embedded API and couldn't get rid of it that way either. Even tried altering the font color to white via the API with no use...

Under this situation I would create a DocuSign Support case, reference the article, account type, etc and post once you get an answer so we can share with other Community members experiencing a similar issue.

@David Schmitz​ Yes, you are absolutely correct. After speaking with DocuSign support we resolved the issue. The account did not have those setting available by default and we had to add it in. Now I can see the little checkbox item in my Admin >> Sender Settings

Excellent, glad you were able to resolve. Sounds like this requires DocuSign Accounts in a similar situation to create a DocuSign Support case to resolve. Good information for any Community users experiencing the same issue.

This community has messages super old, even the settings are completly different on 2021. I open a ticket, tried to call but no anwer to my question..

I am waiting for 3 days and I can't speak with a customer service. I have a business plan..

Why would the DocuSign ID not automatically have an option to remove from document. Who wants to keep that on the documents we send in a professional setting? Can an update be made to make this more user friendly instead of requiring everyone to put in a help ticket?

Such a poor experience - crazy it still has not been fixed..have spent days

POOR experience! After numerous calls to get to someone I was told it was fixed. I went in to use and it still wasn't fixed. Spent 2 hours trying to call again and they couldn't fix it. I used many envelops trying to test when they would try something. In the end, I was told it will take 24 hours to the system to correct....yeah ok. Today I'll be taking time to search for another e-signing system.

That's 2 weeks I work with their helpdesk, and they send me the link of this question with no fix ! Amazing ! if they find a fix i'll give it to you if you're not already dead...

regards.

its a data configuration issue

the support team know this, and they just need to fix the data configuration, as you cant do it

it fixed my problem

Thank you very much @Adrian Marco​ for your quick answer. I forward it to the support. I hope it will help them to know what to do to fix the data configuration.

I'm the original person who posted this question and I did manage to get it sorted. Essentially I didn't have a high enough subscription and needed to pay more.

If your subscription is high enough, you will see the option by:

1. Click settings at the top of your screen (not going into your profile)
  2. On the left hand side click "Sending Settings"
  3. About half way down is an option "Enable including the Envelope ID on the document". Underneath this is "Include Envelope ID by default". Take the tick out of this

If you don't see this box then you haven't paid enough and need to upgrade

The actual help guide for this is here: https://support.docusign.com/en/guides/ndse-user-guide-envelope-id . This does help as long as you have the right subscription. If you are part of an organisation and not an administrator then this could be the issue too.

Hope that helps everyone

No you don’t need to upgrade your subscription. They will try and her you to do this. I just insisted they fix the config data and it worked.

Hi, Thanks to Adrian and Jeffrey for your Help. I think I have the top level subscription : Business Pro, I Can't find Higher, I'm the master Admin, I created and set all the organisation.

Inthe admin page, "Sending Settings" I have the 2 checkboxes about Envelop ID but the are grey and I cannot check or uncheck them

As I said - its not your subscription thats a problem.

Its a bug in your config data - and they need to fix the config data as you can not access it, and then you can check the boxes.

Support can fix it

@Jeffrey Burson​ 

"About half way down is an option "Enable including the Envelope ID on the document." Underneath this is "Include Envelope ID by default." Take the tick out of this."

Not possible. I am the DS Admin for my account and both of those checkboxes are disabled. Also they appear to be account-wide settings, not configurable on a per-envelope basis.

I am having the exact issue. What was the resolution because I am running into the same sceario with support.

You don’t need to upgrade your subscription!

its a configuration issue that can only be fixed by support in the back end