Skip to main content
Question

Reminders received earlier than expected

• 27 August 2024
  • 7 replies

I had sent document for signing on 26th Aug 7:00pm and received the auto-reminder mail in 17 hours the next day i.e on 27th Aug. This conclude that the reminders are not sent exactly after 24 hours?

Hello @Samish 

Welcome to the DocuSign Support!

I would suggest that if you set the reminder from the eSignature settings options make sure you “Save” after activating the reminder. The setting will be applied only for NEW envelopes sent. Those sent before you adjusting the settings will not inherit that.

and if it happen again then send a new Envelope from the DocuSign eSignature Home page, in the Advanced Options of the envelope verify if the reminders are set on it.

Thanks!

Hope this document can help you.

https://support.docusign.com/s/articles/What-time-do-envelopes-expire?language=en_US

For a more accurate understanding of your issue, it’s recommended to include a screenshot.

FreeLink
🌍 DocuSign Partner | Partner Profile
🏆 2024 APAC Reseller Growth Partner of the Year
🔧 First globally to pass DocuSign eSignature Technical Consultant certification
🚀 Expertise in DocuSign integrations with in-house systems for leading enterprises across various industries.

Feel free to reach out for collaboration opportunities.

@Hengfeng Ge @Pawan Gangwani 

Thank you for providing the examples regarding the expiration times for requests. I wanted to clarify some details based on the timing of the reminder email I received.

I sent the envelope at 15:36 PM IST on August 27th and received the reminder email at 13:34 PM IST on August 28th(reminder is set for 1 day).
This indicates that the reminder email was sent before a full 24-hour period had elapsed, as the time difference is approximately 22 hours.

Based on this, it appears the reminder emails are scheduled to be sent slightly before the 24-hour mark, rather than exactly at the 24-hour point after the envelope is sent.

Could you please confirm if this is the intended behavior for the timing of reminder notifications?

Thank you for your assistance in clarifying this.

Hello @Samish 

That’s a very close callout, I totally understand and sometime it happens but i strongly suggest please check the “Regional” time zone settings, there might be a chance. 

Hello @Pawan Gangwani ,

Timezone is set to IST in regional as well as in preference settings. Just need a confirmation that the reminder mails are sent based on a day-wise schedule rather than adhering to a precise time each day.

Yes the reminders mail are sent based on day-wise.

my Suggestion =  The value would be "1" if you wanted to send a Reminder 24 hours after the envelope was sent. Then leave the Continue to Send Reminders blank or perhaps "0", 

​Hi @Samish,

I hope you are doing well.

I would like to confirm if you could solve your issue by utilizing the suggested solution?           

If so, please mark it as the best answer by clicking “Select as Best” to make it easier for other users to find. Otherwise, feel free to let me know and I will gladly help you address the situation as soon as possible.

Best regards,   

Alejandro R. | Docusign Community Moderator   

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!