Skip to main content

I have a document which was signed by myself and one other recipient. I can see the audit trail for this in history and the Certificate of Completion.

Is it  possible to send / forward this document to a third recipient and include the audit trail of signatures so that they can view not just the document but the original audit trail in history  and/ or the Certificate of Completion from when the document was signed.

Thank you for your help.

@trudiem

You can download the document and the Certificate of Completion (CoC) directly from the DocuSign eSignature Web App. The history is only visible to the sender and includes all related activities, but all important activities are captured in the CoC. You can view the history, when you click on an envelope, then on “More” and then on “History”.

There is the option to “Print” the history, if you feel like you want to share it with someone. Most notebooks nowadays can either “Save to PDF” natively or you can install a free PDF printer. Then you would have all documents available and can send them via email.

It is uncommon to share the history file, as the CoC contains the major activities and is meant to be available to everyone in the signature workflow.

There is no option in DocuSign eSignature to forward the History or the CoC directly. When enabled you are able to forward signed envelopes, but it will not include the CoC or History.

Thats very helpful thank you. 

Hi @trudiem,

I hope you are doing well.

I would like to confirm if you were able to solve your issue by utilizing the solution that was suggested? 

If so, please mark it as the best answer by clicking “Select as Best” to make it easier for other users to find

Otherwise, feel free to let me know and I will gladly help you address the situation as soon as possible.

Best regards,   

Alejandro R. | DocuSign Community Moderator   

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!