Skip to main content

Hi! I am trying to build a envelope/template for multiple signers and need help. I know the first two signers, and not the third. The second signer can designate the third signer, so I know that I should use the “Specify Recipient” role, I’m just not sure how to add that into the signing order.

Ideally, I’d like to 1) send the file to the first signer, then have the file move on to the second signer. Once the second signer gets the email they can 20 sign & designate the next signee in the same step, and then 3) the file would move on to the next signee that was designated.

Is there a way for the second signer to sign & specify the next recipient through the same email link? Or will they have to sign, go back to their email and click on another link to go in and specify the next sender?

Thanks!

@jtaylor21

Unfortunately, these are two different roles and it cannot be in the same step with a single recipient.

You may either set up the Specify Recipient to assign himself and someone else or have them sign first and specify the last recipient after he signed. It may be confusing if he receives two emails in parallel to sign and specify the last recipient, which may lead to one of the actions not being performed. Therefore, I would suggest to have a signing order in place and sequential signing. However, it also works with parallel signing, but may be a bit confusing for the recipient as stated above and you may have more follow-ups to resolve the pending envelopes.

Hello @jtaylor21 ,

If you found the provided response to be a useful solution to your question, please mark it as the best answer by clicking “Select as Best” to make it easier for other users to find.

Best regards,

Nathaly | Docusign Community Moderator
"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!