Skip to main content

Hello,

I’m filling out information on a envelope, and marking as “read only”. When the signer or people who just received a copy open the document, none of the information is showing, so the form appear to be blank.

How can I fix it? 

@isabellaversi The order of Recipients and the specific field assignment might be the issue especially with the default behavior on many DocuSign Accounts. If the fields are assigned to Recipient 4 but you are prefilling and setting to read-only then default behavior is that Recipient 1 through 3 do not see the data until the envelope completes, but any Recipient after Recipient 4 would see that field data.   This is typically due to the following default Account behavior setting called “When an envelope is sent, write the initial value of the field for all recipients”.  If this is disabled then this would be the behavior as described above.  You will want to discuss this with your DocuSign Admin and have the Admin go to Settings > Sending Settings and enabled “When an envelope is sent, write the initial value of the field for all recipients”. This change would impact NEW envelopes only and not existing envelopes so you would need to void the original and create a new envelope to see i that changes the behavior.

Second possibility is that the field text was set to the same color as the document background so the text doesn’t show, example of using white text on a white background.

Hi @isabellaversi,

I hope you are doing well.

I would like to confirm if you were able to solve your issue by utilizing the solution that was suggested? 

If so, please mark it as the best answer by clicking “Select as Best” to make it easier for other users to find

Otherwise, feel free to let me know and I will gladly help you address the situation as soon as possible.

Best regards,   

Alejandro R. | DocuSign Community Moderator   

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!