Skip to main content

Hello all, 

I have created a custom Permission Profile that only allows the user to Send Envelopes using one Custom Template. This Custom Template is locked down so that only the user can enter the Name + E,mail address. 

However, once the user has send the Envelope, they can then go into Manage > Sent Items > Find the Envelope > Cick on More and select “Correct”. 

This allows the user to edit the form, such as remove validations or constraints. 

Is there anyway I can disable this function?

Thanks,

Mo

Hi @mhussain !

By default, a sender will always have the possibility of correcting an envelope, and one of the reasons is to not “lose” the envelope if there is an error.

Based on your scenario, my suggestion is that you use the Envelope Custody Transfer feature, being able to configure a rule that after sending an envelope by certain users, the platform will automatically transfer it to another person, and the "original sender" user would only have access as a viewer. Furthermore, if it’s necessary to make any corrections to that envelope, the new ownership will be able to do so.

Please, check this article to learn how to create an Envelope Custody Transfer rules: https://support.docusign.com/s/document-item?language=en_US&bundleId=pik1583277475390&topicId=rzj1583277377711.html&_LANG=enus

In short, you need to have Admin permissions, access Settings > Custody Transfer > Add Rule > select the users affected by this rule > select the user who will receive the envelope ownership > select your preferred transfer time (in your scenario, it indicates “On Send”), and select the box “Add Original Owner as Carbon Copy” > Save.