Skip to main content

The template placed the signature and initials on the form.

Hi,

Thank you for reaching out here in the DocuSign Community.  

I am sorry to hear that you have been experiencing trouble when applying your templates, but I'll gladly help you correct the issue as soon as possible.

All your available templates will be included in Templates>All Templates. If your existing templates are no longer showing as part of the list, you might be looking at a different account or your access to shared templates might have been removed. In this case, your account administrator will be in the position to assist in locating the missing templates.

If you are able to find the required templates as part of your templates list, you will be able to "Apply" these templates to new versions of the original document during the envelope creation process, as explained below:

Apply Templates to Documents

Once applied the template will automatically place any required fields on the document.

Feel free to let us know if you need further assistance with this. 

Thank you for using DocuSign, we hope you have a wonderful rest of your day! 

Best regards, 

Alejandro R. | DocuSign Community Moderator 

"Select as Bestbelow if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!

Thank you. The templates I had are no longer applicable because the layouts have changed. When I tried to create new templates I ran into the problem of the template including the exact content of the from I used to create the template. The content of the form changes with each application (the layout remains the same). If the ability to create that type of template still exists I missed it in the instructions. Does it still exist?

Hi,

Thank you for following up.

In this scenario, you would want to replace the old template's document layout, this will allow you to keep the fields and recipient configuration while updating the document where these are applied.

Once updated, it will match the new documents you will upload and you can apply them confidently to your envelopes.

You can find more details on how to replace your template's documents and how to apply your existing templates to new documents, here:

Delete or replace a document

Apply templates manually

Please don't hesitate in letting me know if you have any other questions or concerns and I will address them as soon as possible. 

Best regards, 

Alejandro R. | DocuSign Community Moderator 

"Select as Bestbelow if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!