Skip to main content

Hello,

Trying to find out if it is possible to have an initial name field pre-populate names throughout the rest of a template and/or bundle. Any help would be incredible!

Hello, rfreehafer

Could you give more details about what are you trying to achieve on this template’s scenario?

What’s the Use case your trying to solve using a Template?

best,

Alexandre 

Alexandre,

We have an application packet built out as an envelope, looking to have applicant fill out the name section on the initial form then looking for that name to prepopulate throughout the rest of the envelope.  Same idea for addresses, position, anything applicable

Hi,

I’m not sure if I understand clearly your scenario, but I’d like to share this tip.

There is something perhaps may help: when a field, a text field for example, is added in a document such field is automatically named with something like this Text 998198-98q98r-00999. You can rename this field for whatever you want, let’s say for instance: Customer Name

If you add more Text fields to your document and rename all of them to have the exactly same name (Customer Name) so once the first field is filled up with a customer name then all the other automatically gets the same value.

I hope that helps in some manner, otherwise someone else here in the community may give other ideas.

Best,

Alexandre

Hi @rfreehafer,

I hope you are doing well.

I would like to confirm if you were able to solve your issue by utilizing the solution that was suggested or if the information that was provided was useful.

If so, please mark it as the best answer by clicking “Select as Best” to make it easier for other users to find.

Otherwise, feel free to let me know and I will gladly help you address the situation as soon as possible.

Best regards,

Christopher | DocuSign Community Moderator

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue.