Skip to main content

I upload contract in Thai Language but it seems that after document is converted in Docusign the paragraph is not properly display.  Most of the case, Docusign break the word in the middle to enter a new line.  It looks like Docusign doesn’t have recognize Thai language and split the word as it like to do.

Is there any locale setting which can solve this issue?  I know that converting to PDF is one way but we still need an option to stick with MS word file.

Thanks.  

Hello @Preecharles ,

Welcome to the Docusign Community and thank you for posting your concerns!

I’m sorry to hear that your document that was submitted in Thai is not working as expected, I understand it includes an additional space where it shouldn’t.

Can you provide a screenshot so that I can have a better understanding?

Let us know if you need further assistance with this.

Best regards,

Nathaly | Docusign Community Moderator
"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!

Hi @nathaly.monge 

Sure.  Here is what I created using sample text with layout “Thai justify” in MS word.

Original file

And this is what’s it looks like when upload this MS word  file into Docusign:

Document generated by Docusign

You can see that characters are spreaded weirdly across the line.

For some words.  For example: “และ”, “เทศกาล” Docusign just split the word to the new line like: 

แล

or

เทศกา

Which is not acceptable for using as official document.

While it is possible as workaround to make this correct by convert MS word into PDF before send to Docusign, I still want to explore option for Docusign to support this case.

Hello @Preecharles ,

Thank you for reaching back and providing more information.

Our system converts the document to PDF when it's uploaded to Docusign. Are you using our Agreement Template Editor feature? If not, the issue is that the PDF conversion system we're using doesn't know how to handle your document the way you would like. I’m not sure if this is an issue with the Thai language specifically, or the font you are using but it would be best to convert from Word to PDF, as it can be the optimal solution.

For more information on Agreement Template Editor: Use the Agreement Template Builder to Create a Document Generation Template

Let us know if you need further assistance with this.

Best regards,

Hello @Preecharles ,

If you found my response to be a useful solution to your question, please mark it as the best answer by clicking “Select as Best” to make it easier for other users to find.

Best regards,