Skip to main content
Question

Modify envelope id position

• 4 September 2024
  • 4 replies

In the documents I'm generating, the envelope ID is above other important data. Is there a way to change the position of this ID? If so, how do I configure this?

@Alan Carvalho 

As of now, there isn't an option to reposition the Envelope ID, which is typically displayed in the top left corner of the document. You can only choose to either display or hide the Envelope ID, but its location remains fixed.

I didn't find the hide option, where would I find this option?

@Alan Carvalho 

You need to have Admin access to your account.   It will be located under Sending Settings.  If it is greyed out, you can contact DocuSign support and open a case to enable it for your account.

Hi @Alan Carvalho and @JohnSantos - There’s actually a back-end feature that Support can help enable that allows customers to reposition the Envelope ID to wherever they want on documents. I’ve worked with customers who sometimes choose to move it to the middle of a document, or the footer, etc. There might be some account plan types that make it so the feature may not be available or might be an additional fee, but it’s worth asking Support if they can enable it for you. Once it’s enabled, it’ll unlock an “Envelope ID” field that you can drag around on the document and put wherever you’d like it to go.

Hope this helps!