Skip to main content

I am sharing this in hopes that it reaches others who may be in a similar situation or just anyone in general. I recently have had some financial issues and have also been working on improving my credit . I was delighted to see some "excellent approval odds" on several personal loan companies in which I applied.  After applying and getting rejected so many times I gave up.  Well to my surprise I received an email from some sheisty sheisters posing as Lending club! WOW I was finally approved!! All this hard work finally paid off?? Being that they were using docu-sign i thought for sure this must be legit. Haha nope but I sure did fall for it.  E- signed these lovely documents which said I'd soon be receiving $3000 electronically straight into my bank account. I just needed to provide every personal detail I could to have my identity stolen 😭 I was so overwhelmed with racing thoughts of excitement over all the debt I could finally pay off and what I'd be able to accomplish that it truly clouded my usual clear thinking. Needless to say they now have so much of my personal information is embarrassing to even mention here.  

I wanted to reach out and see if anyone else had experienced this and if so how did you handle it?  What was the outcome?  I wish you all the best.  I know I'm an idiot so please save yourself the time if you plan to bring me down 👇  clearly I'm already there. 

Hi @Urrica.lee1987, I’m so sorry to read this!

Could you please to report this incident to the DocuSign team to verify? By this way, DocuSign will be able to check and act directly if necessary.

You can report fraudulent activities directly from the platform (check first article below) or forward immediately to spam@docusign.com and then delete the email. Please check these articles for more information:

Thank you so very much! I will do that right now. 

Unfortunately you aren't alone, so far in debt needing that 1 person or company to give me a chance when I received the email I too was excited throwing caution to the wind ignoring the fact that these ppl were basically trying to shove a loan down my throat, only asking for a small loan to get me by knowing I couldn't afford a large loan instead of the 1,500 they kept saying you don't want the 5000. So after looking up the company and the spoofed number that seemed to match up I did everything except call the main line which is a must . Anyways thinking I was safe with a brand new acct nothing happened the 1st day then I received a notification that I received a deposit one for 1.75 then for 175 then another notification that the bank put the funds on hold for 10 days a day before the hold ends the bank posts a picture of a check with some random business and then they stop the 1st one saying it's fake but they let the larger one go through so now I don't know since I have all the e documents and phone numbers saved if I'm the one they are coming after for fraud or not

I received a similar email and loan offer, but as soon as I saw they wanted my login credentials for my bank account I knew something was fishy. Here is the link to the loan agreement document I was sent.

Hello @Urrica.lee1987, @Gsmithy556  and @lumoria79 

Welcome to the Docusign Community and thank you for posting your concerns!

I’m sorry to hear about the unfortunate experience.

At Docusign, we take security seriously, and we value our user community's role in helping us maintain the highest standards. To ensure a secure experience for all, we encourage our users to learn how to identify and report potential security concerns effectively. Visit this support article to discover the best practices for spotting potential vulnerabilities and reporting them to our dedicated security team. By working together, we can ensure the ongoing safety and reliability of Docusign for everyone.

Let us know if you need further assistance with this.

Best regards,

Nathaly | Docusign Community Moderator
"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!