Skip to main content

​I need 6 people to sign and was sent a DocuSign request with my name in every signature block. Can I reassign each block to a different person? Or is this function limited to one person at a time?

There definitely has to be a better way of doing this....but to start it depends on how the envelope was sent and whether Signing Order was used. If Signing Order was used then the process or workflow cascades to each Recipient as the previous Recipient completes. Therefore with a Signing Order, you would reassign as the first Recipient, then wait for the new Recipient to sign or take action, then Recipient 2 would get a notification and you would reassign and so on. If all Recipients were parallel or no signing order then you could go through and reassign at will.

My suggestion here is to use one of the Manager Recipient types like "Specify Recipient" or "Update Recipient" or "Allow to Edit" rather than sending out to six Recipients at the same time ans using reassign.

That's the problem. It doesn't appear to have been sent using a signing order. Plus one block was signed when I received it. I didn't want to make them start over so I planned to simply download the document, reupload, and send to each signatory separately. However, the document had an "in process" watermark. What a mess.

Yeah that is a bit dicey, but then its a great opportunity to avoid issues in the future. My recommendation here would be to have the envelope voided and start over, making the workflow more intuitive, use Signing Order, use the advanced Recipient Types. Otherwise attempt to finish the envelope and design a better process for future envelopes.

Yup. I was already planning to decline to sign which would void everything. Thanks for your input and have a great day.