Skip to main content
I have two templates I use regularly. One has saved with the signature fields in them: date, name, sig, etc. But the other template won't let me save these fields so I have to enter them each time I use them. Any input on why?

Hello,

Thank you for reaching out here in the DocuSign Community.

Did you assign a role name for the recipients in the second template?

Let us know if you need further assistance with this.

Best regards,

Christopher | DocuSign Community Moderator

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue.

No but I don't recall doing that for the first one that has saved those fields. Thank you.

Hello,

Would it be possible for you to confirm if the first template has the role names?

Are you the only one that edits that template?

Let us know if you need further assistance with this.

Best regards,

Christopher | DocuSign Community Moderator

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue.

Yes, you are correct and that was the issue. I just created them so long ago, I forgot about the role name. Thank you very much for your assistance!

I am confused. I have 7 documents I use reguarlly and I cant find a "Role" on those but there fields are saved but my 8th one makes me fill it every time. What am I doing wrong. What is a role?

In the add recipients area, there's a place for a "role" like employee name - that was what was missing in the second template I created. Once I filled in that field, the signature fields saved. So I would check your 7 other templates to see what is in that field this is missing in your 8th one.